Intended Audience- Practicing & Aspiring
- Building Principals
- Assistant Principals
- Athletic Directors
This Practicing Principal and Aspiring Instructional Leader Network is designed to create hands-on, real world, applicable learning experiences to support your growth in leadership.
As a collaborative group, we will support one another in ways to address and release the demands of new and experienced site and district administrators. Principal Leaders: Invite your aspiring building administrators and instructional coaches to attend these network meetings with you in order to build your leadership capacity together. Stories of successful administrators will be shared at the end of each learning session. Come expand your leadership expertise and capitalize on the strengths of the individuals in this network.
Date: January 24, 2022
Time: 1:00 PM- 3:00 PM
Topic: Building your learning organization's culture--facilitating a culture of learning and growing teacher and staff leaders
Lunch will be provided.
- Modeling "Practicing Your Practice": transparent, honest and sincere reflection (knowing your strengths and weaknesses)
- Creating your mission and vision from core beliefs and evidence of student learning
- Collective Teacher Efficacy: Impact Teams not professional learning communities
- Taking a Radial LEAP: Love, energy, audacity, proof perspective to your cultures
This Principal & Administrator Network has been approved as a
Lake Erie College Wraparound Course!!
Lake Erie College (LEC Wrap-Around Courses are "customized" courses created around professional development (PD) activities conducted at the school district, school building, or individual level. The foundations of many of the courses originate with professional work conducted during all-day PD experiences at the district level and/or the year-long work of professional learning communities. Wrap-Around options include:
- Independent Study
- $140 per graduate semester hour
"Homework" required for credit:
- a log documenting the number of hours put in completing the coursework
- a minimum of three pages of reflection on what was learned from the experience, and
- a "product" created for application in the classroom, building, and/or district.
General Procedure for the Wrap-Around Program:
- ESC of the Western Reserve/LEC provides on-line registration information
- Interested professionals register and pay tuition.
- Course is completed when "homework" is turned in by pre-determined deadline.
- Instructor of Record (Mary Balmford) grades the homework "pass/fail."
- Grade is posted on LEC portal.
- LEC mails official transcript to home address within one business week of grade posting for those who completed the course requirements and earned a passing grade.
IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS: PLEASE READ!
Here is the information for registering for the wraparounds offered through Lake Erie College
Aspiring Leaders and Active Principals Course # ED7204W
Below are directions to follow. Registration is open immediately.
Students are required to submit the form with a physical signature or digital signature.
- Download the Form. Save to your computer.
- Download a free copy of Adobe Reader if needed HERE.
- Create a digital signature, review how to create it HERE.
- After signing, SAVE adding your Name to the file name.
- Return to [email protected]