This network is designed to share research and evidence-based strategies of best practices for English language learners. Both academic and social emotional learning support will be the focus. The network will discuss compliance issues, challenges, as well as participants will share successful structures of support for English language learners in districts. Walkthrough tools for best practices will be shared and developed cohesively. As this network grows and develops, participants will be able to co-construct their learning.
Topic: Preparing Ells for Graduation-- Shaping District Policies
Sub Topic: Ohio's Seals
Presenters: Kristin Llewellyn and Vanessa Karwan
Guest Speaker: Geauga Growth Partnership & Ohio Means Jobs (Betsy Covington, Glen Bailey, & Margo Reda)
Lunch: Great Harvest Bread Company
When & Where: January 28, 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM; ESCWR- Room 100
This ELL Network has been approved as a Lake Erie College Wraparound Course!!
Lake Erie College (LEC Wrap-Around Courses are "customized" courses created around professional development (PD) activities conducted at the school district, school building, or individual level. The foundations of many of the courses originate with professional work conducted during all-day PD experiences at the district level and/or the year-long work of professional learning communities. Wrap-Around options include:
- Independent Study
- $140 per graduate semester hour
"Homework" required for credit:
- a log documenting the number of hours put in completing the coursework
- a minimum of three pages of reflection on what was learned from the experience, and
- a "product" created for application in the classroom, building, and/or district.
General Procedure for the Wrap-Around Program:
- ESC of the Western Reserve/LEC provides on-line registration information
- Interested professionals register and pay tuition.
- Course is completed when "homework" is turned in by pre-determined deadline.
- Instructor of Record (Mary Balmford) grades the homework "pass/fail."
- Grade is posted on LEC portal.
- LEC mails official transcript to home address within one business week of grade posting for those who completed the course requirements and earned a passing grade.
IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS: PLEASE READ!
Here is the information for registering for the wraparounds offered through Lake Erie College
ELL Inquiry Course # ED7202W
Below are directions to follow. Registration is open immediately.
Students are required to submit the form with a physical signature or digital signature.
- Download the Form. Save to your computer.
- Download a free copy of Adobe Reader if needed HERE.
- Create a digital signature, review how to create it HERE.
- After signing, SAVE adding your Name to the file name.
- Return to [email protected]