Lake Erie College (LEC Wrap-Around Courses are "customized" courses created around professional development (PD) activities conducted at the school district, school building, or individual level. The foundations of many of the courses originate with professional work conducted during all-day PD experiences at the district level and/or the year-long work of professional learning communities. Wrap-Around options include:
- Independent Study
- Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT)
- $140 per graduate semester hour;
- $126 per graduate semester hour for permanent, full-time staff of Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula Districts, ESC employees, and Lake Erie College alumni.
Minimum class-time requirements:
- 15 seat/work hours for one semester hour;
- 30 hours for two semester hours; and,
- 45 hours for 3 semester hours.
"Homework" required for credit:
- a log documenting the number of hours put in completing the coursework
- a minimum of three pages of reflection on what was learned from the experience, and
- a "product" created for application in the classroom, building, and/or district.
General Procedure for the Wrap-Around Program:
- Provide course information to the ESC contact person (Pat McKenrick), Title course description & Objectives, Starting and ending dates, number of credit hours to be earned, approximate number of enrollees in the program.
- LCESC representative prepares the course proposal and submits it to Lake Erie College.
- Lake Erie College approves the course, creates the course and issues a course number.
- LCESC/LEC provides on-line registration information
- Interested professionals register and pay tuition.
- Course is completed when "homework" is turned in by pre-determined deadline.
- Instructor of Record (Mary Balmford) grades the homework "pass/fail."
- Grade is posted on LEC portal.
- LEC mails official transcript to home address within one business week of grade posting for those who completed the course requirements and earned a passing grade.
Independent Study Option:
7555 W-Lake County Independent Study Option-one (1) semester hour
7666 W-Lake County Independent Study Option-two (2) semester hours
777 W-Lake County Independent Study Option-three (3) semester hours
Study proposal website: Link
to Independent Study Wraparound Proposal
Study Course Proposal Due: November 30, 2018
Study Final Project Due: December 15, 2018