Resident Educator Program Registration Link 2016-2017
State-trained mentors/facilitators provide ongoing instructional support to Resident Educators through differentiated mentoring models.
- New mentors: attend Mentor Academy, Day 1 and Day 2.
- Advanced Training, Facilitator Training, is recommended for Year 3 RE's and beyond
Year Long Steps
- Lead and facilitate professional development with Resident Educators
- Use ODE-created Mentor Tool Box which contain recommended protocols and processes
- Document Resident Educators’ on-going progress
The Ohio Resident Educator Program is a four-year induction system of support and mentoring for new teachers. Successful completion of the residency program is required to qualify for a five-year professional educator license.