The Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics Annual Conference will be October 27,28, 2016 at the Kalahari Convention Center in Sandusky, Ohio. We are particularly interested in having as many school superintendents, mathematics curriculum directors, and principals attend as possible and spend time in the Exhibit Hall with textbook publishers, technology companies, and vendors of mathematics manipulatives, as well as attending some of the sessions presented by teachers and others.
Here is what we are offering:
1. School administrators will be invited to all aspects of the conference and their registration fee will be waived.
2. The Exhibit Hall will be open to administrators Wednesday night, October 26 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
3. Vendors will be encouraged, but not required to attend that session and encouraged to schedule a short (15 minutes) presentation for the administrators.
4. OCTM will cover the costs of all food at the concession stand that evening.
5. School administrators and their families can stay overnight at Kalahari at the OCTM cost ($119/night). That includes free admission for the water park for everyone staying in the room.
The registration form is on the OCTM website, http://www.ohioctm.org.
Administrators who want to attend need to register on the website and click on the line that says that they are an administrator. Registration is free, but we need their advance registration.
For questions, please contact:
Mark Jaffee, Annual Conference Coordinator
Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics
26 North Cedar Street
Oberlin, Ohio 44074-1530