In order to meet requirements, teachers must:
1. Check "yes" in Section 1 and Section 2 of the right form.
2. Check "yes" for one item in Section 3. (if the teacher meets one of the HOUSSE Exceptions, he/she may use the HOUSSE options for the third "yes".
3. Complete, sign, and return the Ohio HQT Status Sheet to their administrator.
4. If the teacher does meet the state definition, then "no" is indicated on the status sheet for the class that the teacher is NOT HQT.
Included are the forms required for each teaching area:
Form E: Gr. 7-12 Special Education and Gifted Education/Intervention Specialist Teachers.
Form D: Gr. K-6 Special Education and Gifted Education/Intervention Specialist Teachers.
Please refer to the HQT tool-kit on ODE for Forms A, B, and C.
NEW 2016-2017 ODE states that by the beginning of this year, IS of Grade 7-12 are to show evidence of relevant content knowledge by having completed one of the options of : Ohio Assessment for Educators Exam or previously passed licensing exam, 30 College semester hours completed, masters degree in core subject area, or 90 clock hours of PD post-initial license. To meet this last PD requirement, teachers must:
1. Complete 45 clock hours of PD related to content they teach.
2. Can count up to 45 clock hours of pedagogy (universal or content specific). Either described as universal pedagogy or related to subject area instructed.
See the attached Highly Qualified Teacher Toolkit 2017: