Respect yourself, others, and your environment
Show respect for self through appropriate dress and hygiene. Accept decisions constructively. Share concerns constructively. Show tolerance for differences in others. Take care of your property as well as the property of others.
Compliment others, support friends positively. Greet staff and visitors in a positive manner. Volunteer to help. Express gratitude for the kindness of others.
Be prepared with materials. Move about the building in a quiet orderly manner. Follow school procedures and expectations.
Do your best
Continue to try even when the work is difficult. Approach assignments carefully and neatly. Keep your word and commitments. Take ownership for mistakes and strive to do better.
Stay on task
Attend school each day. Be on time for class. Avoid distractions. Use your time carefully; complete all work.
Cooperate and support others
Follow request of adults willingly and promptly. Contribute to class and school activities. Work together positively. Resolve disagreements calmly. Show good sportsmanship.
Social Skills Curriculum
- * How to Follow Instructions
- * How to Accept Criticism or a Consequence
- * How to Accept "No" for and Answer
- * How to Greet Someone
- * How to Get the Teacher's Attention
- * How to Make a Request
- * How to Disagree Appropriately
- How to Give Negative Feedback
- How to Resist Peer Pressure (or Say "No")
- How to Apologize
- How to Engage in a Conversation
- How to Give a Compliment
- How to Accept a Compliment
- How to Volunteer
- How to Report Peer Behavior
- How to Introduce Yourself
* Critical Skills